Co-Owner and Founder of Musical Affair entertainment. A native of Southern California, TV and Radio personality, Craig Michaels, has been entertaining audiences as a professional MC and DJ for more than 20 years. Craig was first bitten by the entertainment bug when working on cruise ships in the mid-1980's. As the Entertainment Director for various cruise lines, he gained experience as a professional M.C., and was responsible for coordinating numerous entertainment events.
From there, he went on to broadcasting school in Huntington Beach, California, and secured his first job on the air at a local radio station in Palm Springs in 1989. Over the next 14 years, he worked at several local radio stations in the Coachella Valley, which include, KDES, KC 92.7 and Mix 100.5 at KPSI in Palm Springs.
In addition to his radio broadcasting experience, Craig also acquired quite a television audience when he served as the local weather anchor for NBC affiliate, KMIR TV6 in the late 90s. Using his vast entertainment background and experience in the Valley, Craig most recently worked for KPSP, the CBS Channel 2 affiliate in Palm Springs, as an entertainment reporter where he was seen LIVE every weekday traveling all over the Valley reporting on entertainment related stories for the morning show. Voted the recipient of the 2002 Orion Award for Entrepreneur of the Year, Craig now works full time on his company, Musical Affair Entertainment, and is still one of the most sought after premier DJs and emcees in Palm Springs.
- Hi Craig!
I want to thank you for making our wedding so special! You were absolutely fabulous and everything was even greater than I had imagined. Thank you so much for putting together the dance. They did an excellent job so please thank them from us. I will send you a video link once I receive it. All of my guests were so happy. Considering they were a difficult group it was a really great outcome! I am so glad I had someone as experienced as you to make all the events of the night follow through so smoothly. You were really great at coordinating everything and each song was played at the perfect timing. All my guests are asking me to put together a wedding CD with the same play list. If you have a copy of the play list please do send, otherwise I think I have it memorized and possibly a written one pretty close to it. We had a really awesome night. I will be sure to recommend you to everyone I know!
Thank you so much,
- tamara Jarra
- I needed a DJ, and Musical Affair was recommended to me by the catering manager of the hotel where I was holding my party. I called, and Dee Dee gave me good information about their services, as well as a price quote. Rather than booking immediately, I chose to shop around to see what else was available. I wasted my time in doing so - no other DJ service gave me the impression that they cared about my party, or that they would listen to my particular wants and needs for the evening. I also decided I wanted a magician to perform at my party, and wasted my time shopping around for one.
I called Musical Affair a few weeks before my party, and was happy to learn that they were still available on that date. Craig seemed to understand what I wanted from a DJ, and even hooked me up with a good magician ("Magic" Mike). I provided him with a list of songs I'd like to hear, and I think he managed to incorporate each of them in to the evening's playlist.
Craig arrived at the party venue and had everything set up and ready long before the first guest arrived. The rest of the evening was spent having FUN, and I never once worried about the music. He kept the music at the right pace throughout the evening, moving from cocktail music to dance music as the party progressed. He had my 75-year-old in-laws out on the dance floor, as well as my 15-year-old nephew.
All aspects of the night went exactly as I had hoped they would, thanks to the professionalism of Musical Affair. I will not hesitate to contact them again in the future.
- Hi Craig
What a fabulous night! Craig w/Musical Affairs was professional, on time and a pleasure to work with.
Students of the Class of 2011 from Palm Desert High School had the time of their life. They loved the music
selection and the game show was a hit.
Thank you so much, we look forward to working with Muscial Affairs in the near future.
2011 PDHS PTO President
Bye for now
- April Scott
- Hi Craig!
Thanks so much for doing such a spectacular job as the DJ of our wedding. The music selection was wonderful and we appreciate you accommodating our requests both before the wedding and during the wedding. We had the most wonderful night of our lives and know that a DJ can make or break it - you made it fabulous!!
Chris and Jennifer Hollenbeck
- Jennifer Hollenbeck
- Hi, Craig--I can't quite figure out the way to leave a review, but I do want you to know that you exceeded our expectations in every way at Laura and Brandon's wedding on January 29, 2011. When I started planning I was going to use an ipod for the music--WRONG!! You knew how to keep the party rolling, exactly the right music for the wedding, and we could not have been more pleased. I think you should start a "wedding package" with Rhoda, Hap, Buzz, and using Jensen's for the cake and flowers. (Oh, and Desert Willow for the venue). Unbelievable how well you all work together to make a fun and memorable event--Anyway, thank you, thank you, thank you!! Carolyn Fleming
- Carolyn Fleming
- Hi Craig,
I meant to write you sooner. Neil and I wanted to share with you how much fun everyone had at our wedding. I have been to numerous weddings as our family is so large and never have I seen the dance floor that packed the entire night. You have a talent, as every song you played had the crowd dancing their hearts out. My one cousin even cried because it was over- hahaha. There has been many stories shared all of which include how much fun it was, so thank you, as it would not have been the same without you!
We will definatly pass on your name if we encounter anyone looking for your services.
Thank you so much!
Amanda and Neil
AMANDA HARRISON | INTERIOR DESIGN
AMANDA LEAH INTERIORS
250.862.7309 C | 866.427.0273 F | email@example.com E
- Amanda Harrison
- Craig Michaels was the DJ at our recent wedding. He followed all our requests and kept everyone dancing throughout the night. We really enjoyed his personality and music selection. Craig Michaels did a wonderful job at our reception!
- Claudia Willis
- Craig was ultra professional and let me relax, knowing that everything was taken care of...He's definitely my "go-to" guy...
- Craig, I just want to thank you for the amazing job you did on our wedding at the Queen Mary. Everyone had a blast! The music was great, you were funny and you kept the vibe just right all night long. We've had many people tell us what a great time they had.. and you were definitely a big part of that. Thanks again!!
- Andrew Rivera
- We had Craig Michaels as the Dj and Game Show Host for my husbands 65th Bday party. And THANKS to Craig it was a huge success. All the neighbors loved it and are still talking about what a wonderful time they had. Thanks again. Look forward to our next bash with Craig
- Judith Hoffman
- Hi Craig,
I just wanted to express how much I really enjoyed your work on our wedding May 1st, 2010. You did a fantastic job and all of the guests had a great time. The DJ makes or breaks an event and you definitely MADE our wedding. Keep up the good work and anyone looking for a DJ will definitely get a referral
- Jennifer Brown
- FUN...FUN...FUN! DJ Craig was the right pick for the type of party I was having. He was right on with the choice of music, timing, and attitude. Making special music requests to Craig was accepted without complaint. All my guests were very pleased and comfortable with Craig's knowledgeable and approachable style. I am very thankful Craig helped make my party an exciting happy experience.
- Darlene Vega
- Craig was the perfect DJ for my Birthday Party.
Catering to all ages and tastes in music.
Would always recommend him and Musical Affiar Entertainment.
- JEAN C. CARRUS
- Dear Craig:
We never got a chance to thank you for the wonderful job you did at our daughter's wedding. We appreciate all that you set up for us for the Wedding ceremony with our Soloists & the Quartet. We know we didn't give you alot of notice...so it's especially appreciated. Thanks for making all of that possible. They all did a wonderful job.
We loved what you did at the dinner reception. You played great music that kept the party going...& a great variety. Even my 80+ yr. old parents enjoyed the music....& they are usually so senitive to any loud music that they normally leave early. You kept everything on track without too much unnecessary talking. You just couldn't have done a better job. Thank you so much!
Please pass our 'thank you' on to the Quartet also. You all made such a difference in making our daughter & son in law's wedding such a special memory for all of us.
- Judy Scurlock
- Dear Craig,
Now that the craziness of the wedding is over, I wanted to send a note to thank you for the wonderful job you did at Amber and Jeremy's wedding on April 8th, 2006.
The wedding set up was perfect and everyone could hear their vows and the music. Thanks for getting Mike hooked up on your sound system for the acoustic wedding march.
The reception was great. The music you played kept the party going and everyone dancing until they couldn't dance anymore. Amber was thrilled with the music you chose. We always heard that the music can make or break a reception. Having you in charge made it a party that will be remembered for a long time.
I can't thank you enough for making her day so special and stress free.
- Julianne Spriggs
Just wanted to let you know how much fun everyone had at Dana's Bat Mitzvah! Craig and the other DJ did an amazing job...everyone was up and dancing the entire evening! To quote the Bat Mitzvah girl, "this was the greatest party ever!" The mix of music was perfect, and the games were fun.
You guys really know how to get the party started! The face painter did amazing work, as well. Our photos just came back, and it just confirms how much fun everyone had that night! I am sure you'll be getting calls from our friends in the future.
Suzy Felson & Dana Seiberg
- Suzy Felson
- October 20, 2007
I wanted to extend a very special "Thank You" for helping with the "Pirates of the Coachella Valley" annual Fall ‘FunRaiser’. The night would not have been as big a success as it was without your help. I cannot remember a time when we actually had to wait until the party was over to clean up! I heard many comments on how much our guests enjoyed the music.
Thank you so much for your willingness to help us out in our time of need. We appreciate all your help for our event; it would not have been as successful without you.
The November issue of the East Valley Business will have a fun story and pictures commemorating the event, make sure to watch for your copy!
Lyn D. Hartley
Director of Special Events
Indio chamber of Commerce
Visitor Information Center
- Lyn D Hartley
- Craig was the disc jockey at our October 2009 wedding. We were very happy with his professionalism and his ability to MC the event and "keep the party going" allowed us to relax and enjoy the event. He provided the music both for our ceremony and reception. He made seamless transitions during times when we had unexpected changes to the program and we were very impressed with his ability to read the crowd and make our wedding a good party! Thank you, Craig!
- Jennifer Quiros Baker
- Craig Michaels was wonderful. He did my wedding on May 30th, 2009. The biggest things I was concerned about, he passed with flying colors. Pronouncing our last names right, keeping the party going and being interactive. Craig did a fabulous job doing all those things and more. I would defnitly recommend him to anyone else wanting a interactive DJ for a special event!!!
- Krystal Lathrop
- Musical Affair was a great choice for our holiday department party! They were easy and fun to work with and eagerly listened to our needs from the day we booked! The crew came early and set up so everything was set and ready to go. Craig was outstanding. He really listened to our crowd and made our party an unforgettable experience. This being the first party in over 20 years it was crucial to make it great! Requests for a party next year have already been made! Thanks Craig, DeeDee and the whole crew at Musical Affair!
- Eisenhower Med Center